Girl, 14, killed in her sleep ‘by exploding phone’ after going to bed listening to music while device was charging

A SCHOOLGIRL was killed in her sleep after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept, according to reports.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

The next morning, Alua was found dead after the phone’s battery is said to have exploded close to her head.

Police confirmed that her device had been plugged in to a power socket at the time.

She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries as a result of the blast, and died on the spot.

When paramedics were called by her devastated relatives, they were unable to resuscitate her, saying that she had been dead for some time.

Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile had exploded in the early hours of the morning after overheating as it charged, and this was the cause of her death, said local reports.

Her passing was described as a "tragic accident".

The brand of smartphone has not yet been disclosed.

1

2

3

More pixies